VNF-100 Cryostat System - Sample in Flowing Vapor
Ideal for samples with poor thermal conductivity, the VNF cryostat provides uniform cooling for irregularly shaped samples. Samples are cooled by a temperature-controlled stream of nitrogen vapor, so the cooling is not dependent on the sample mounting configuration or thermal conductivity. (A specialized model is show to the right.)
The Janis VNF-100 cryostat is a liquid nitrogen variable temperature cryostat with the sample located in flowing vapor. Ideal for experiments with samples that are difficult to thermally anchor such as liquid or powder samples, the VNF-100 is a low-cost alternative to the SuperTran-VP or SuperVariTemp dewars when temperatures below 65 K are not required. The VNF-100 features a top-loading sample chamber for rapid sample exchange, and four-way, f = 1.0, optical access to the sample chamber.
VNF-100 Mechanical Drawing
- Quick refill capability with included funnel assembly.
- High quality bellows-sealed evacuation valve and a built-in cryopump for maintaining high vacuum.
- Safety pressure relief valves protecting all independent spaces.
- 1.25" diameter sample tube with customer-specified optical access (standard system offers four quartz window pairs with
f = 1.0 optical access to the sample space).
- Top loading sample chamber for rapid sample exchange.
- Variable cooling system which places the sample in flowing N2 vapor (ideal for low thermal conduction samples), providing excellent cooling power and temperature control.
- Light-weight sample positioner/mount assembly, with multi-pin electrical feedthrough access to the window region, offering rotation and translation around the cryostat axis.
- Two silicon diodes installed on the vaporizer (heat exchanger) and sample mount, for controlling and monitoring the system temperature.
- Exhaust flow gauge for more precise control.
- Special window materials and geometries (IR, UV, and x-ray).
- Special sample holders including four-point resistivity measurement and liquid cuvettes (see other configurations tab).
Contact Janis today for details and pricing.
|LN2 capacity(nominal) ||1.2 Liter |
|Working time (typical) ||approximately 6 - 8 hours |
|Initial cooldown time (from room temperature) ||approximately 30 minutes |
|Sample exchange time (typical) ||less than 5 minutes |
|Operating temperature range ||65 - 325 K |
|Temperature stability(with temperature controller) ||50 mK or better |
Special Model VNF-100 with base-plate to mount to a HORIBA Jobin Yvon FluoroLog-3 Modular Spectrofluorometer
Special 475 K High Temperature Non-optical VNF-100T
The photo on the right shows a cuvette sample holder for installation on an optical VNF-100. It is compatible with all 12.5mm wide x 12.5mm deep cuvettes such as the Starna models 1-G-10, 1.7-G-10, 1-SOG-10, 1-Q-10, and 1-I-10.
Product Selection Guides
Other news at Janis