The Janis VPF cryostat is an inexpensive liquid nitrogen cryostat offering operating temperatures from 65 K to 800 K. Simple to use and refill, the VPF system uses a thermal impedance displacer and built-in heater to provide variable temperature capability. Temperatures below 77 K are achieved using an optional pumping manifold. High temperature capability is provided using special sensors and heaters.
VPF Mechanical Drawing
Access to the sample compartment is provided by a quick disconnect clamp. Samples are mounted in a 3" diameter vacuum space (2.5" for VPF-800) and can be connected with cryogenic-service wiring (single conductor or coaxial). The four-way optical sample chamber (with a numeric aperture of 1.0) can be configured for reflectance or transmission measurements. Standard windows are fused natural quartz offering transmission from the UV to near- IR regions. Optional window materials can be installed to span the far/ mid- IR, VUV, and x-ray regions for a variety of spectroscopic measurements. An optional refill assembly permits refilling of the LN2 reservoir without affecting the controlled temperature.
Typical applications for the VPF include spectroscopy (photoluminescence, FTIR, UV- visible), materials characterization (resistivity, Hall Effect), as well as low- temperature imaging, microscopy, and component testing. Low cost, light weight, and portability make the VPF the ideal cryostat for multipurpose laboratories, demonstrations, and integration with existing instrumentation. VPF-100 and VPF-800 models are in stock for fast delivery to your site. (Contact Janis for delivery times on our Model VPF-100-FTIR cryostat.)
Custom configurations may be fabricated to fit restricted spaces (such as in a magnet system or spectrometer) or to allow the insertion of very large samples (such as semiconductor wafers or "cold plates" to cool several samples at once).
- Fused quartz windows
- 4-way optical access (f = 1.0)
- Si diode thermometer and heater (thermocouple for VPF-800)
- Electrical feedthrough for thermometry
- Optical sample holder
- Complete system test
- Complete selection of ancillary equipment including temperature controllers, pumping stations, and storage dewars
- Electrical measurement packages (sample holders, wiring, and feedthroughs)
- Pumping manifold for <77 K operations (see Other Configurations tab)
- Refill assembly for continuous operation
- Sample holder for DLTS (see fixed probe sample holder on Other Configurations tab)
- Additional bottom warm window port and quartz window
- Special adaptor for use with SuperTran liquid helium transfer line (see Other Configurations tab)
Click here to contact Janis today!