Janis Research is proud to sponsor PPHMF-8. https://nationalmaglab.org/news-events/events/for-scientists/physical-phenomena-at-high-magnetic-fields
This conference will bring together experts from around the world to discuss recent advances in areas of science and technology in which high magnetic fields play an important role — or could play an important role in the future. It takes place January 6-9, 2016, at the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory in Tallahassee, Florida.
Discussions will span the wide range of research and experimental techniques of interest to the high magnetic field community and will seek to identify new opportunities in magnetic field research.
The conference is organized by the National MagLab and will consist of invited talks, contributed talks and posters.
Topics will include:
- superconductivity including pnictides, cuprates, heavy fermions and organics
- semiconductors and the quantum Hall effect
- topological magnetism
- magnetoelectrics and multiferroics
- spintronics and quantum computing
- magnetic materials
- quantum fluids and solids
- application of high magnetic fields on soft matter