The model HE-3-BLSUHV-STM is a bottom loading vibration isolated He-3 system for Scanning Tunneling Microscope (STM) application with sample in UHV environment.
A UHV sample preparation chamber can be installed at the bottom of the cryostat; and the user is able to lower the He-3 insert with a linear motion manipulator and locate the STM inside the UHV chamber for sample change.
A special "helium-only" dewar with double helium vapor cooled radiation shields was developed for this system in order to minimize the vibration. No liquid nitrogen reservoir is employed in this cryostat.
An "isolation" helium reservoir separates the UHV sample space from the dewar vacuum space. It minimizes the UHV space and makes the UHV pumping easier.
A self-contained UHV compatible He-3 insert is included in this system, and multiple measurements are taken to guarantee the alignment of this insert during its sample change and normal operation.
A high field superconducting magnet is included.
This He-3 cryostat includes the following components:
- Vapor cooled helium-only dewar
- Helium isolation reservoir
- Multiple liquid helium level probe
- Digital cryogen level monitor
- UHV compatible linear motion manipulator
- UHV compatible feedthrough manifold
- UHV compatible aligner
- Self-contained He-3 insert, including
- Charcoal sorption pump with heater and thermometer
- 1 K pot with thermometer
- He-3 pot with heater and thermometer
- Permanently stored He-3 gas
- Superconducting magnet
- Operation test
Click here to contact Janis today!