The model HE-3-SSXGAS insert is designed for standard sample loading with sample in exchange gas, and this model of He-3 insert is developed for experiments with special samples that cannot be bolted tightly to the sample holder, such as powder, liquid, and very fragile samples; or for samples with very poor thermal conductivities.
HE-3-SSXGAS Mechanical Drawing
The sample chamber is located at the bottom of the He-3 pot and exchange gas is introduced into the sample chamber to aid in cooling down the sample.
A model HE-3-XGHS mini-exchange gas handling system (see HE-3-XGHS tab) is usually included at the top of the insert and it provides the He-3 exchange gas required for the sample cooling. The design minimizes the cost of the expendable exchange gas for each run to approximately $2.00 (depending on the geographic location).
This He-3 insert includes the following components:
- Charcoal sorption pump with heater and thermometer
- 1 K pot with thermometer
- He-3 pot with heater and thermometer
- Permanently stored He-3 gas
- IVC can
- Sample chamber
- Mini-exchange gas handling system
- Operation test
- Resistive and/or superconducting wires
- Coaxial cables
- Clear shots to IVC
- Computer controller motorized 1 K pot cryogenic needle valve
- 1 K cold plate
- High efficiency helium dewar
- Sliding seal
- Automatic temperature controller
- Superconducting magnet
- Magnet support with high current leads
- Magnet power supply
- IVC tail for superconducting magnet
- "10 K" radiation shield for operating temperature up to 300 K in full magnetic fields
- Liquid helium level probe
- Digital cryogen monitor
- Liquid helium transfer line
- 1 K pot pumping station
- Turbo pumping station
Click here to contact Janis today!