The model HE-3-TLSV is a top-loading cryostat that allows the sample to be removed and introduced in the vacuum sample space when the cryostat is cold.
HE-3-TLSV-NEUTRON Cryostat for Neutron Scattering Mechanical Drawing
A special sample probe and a load-lock with gate valve are supplied with the system. Installed at the top of the cryostat is a user-friendly force generator, which is used to improve the thermal conductance at the interface between the sample probe and the He-3 cryostat.
As an option, manipulators can be installed at the top of the sample probe so that the sample can be moved up, down and rotated at its base temperature. Flexible OFHC copper braids are employed to provide the flexibility of movements.
The system contains two identical He-3 inserts, which provides very large cooling power for various types of experiments. An indium sealed 4 K radiation shield separates the sample space from the dewar vacuum space. This allows for the introduction of exchange gas into the sample space, making the pre-cooling more efficient.
This system is developed for neutron scattering experiments, although it can also be used for other applications.
This He-3 cryostat includes the following components:
- Highly efficient liquid nitrogen shielded helium dewar
- Indium sealed 4 K radiation shield functioning as IVC
- He-3 insert including:
- Charcoal sorption pump with heater and thermometer
- 1 K pots with thermometer
- He-3 pot with heater and thermometer
- He-3 gas
- Load-lock with gate valve
- Sample probe
- Sample mount with heater and thermometer
- Liquid nitrogen level probe
- Liquid helium level probe
- Digital cryogen level monitor
- Operation test
Click here to contact Janis today!