Variable Temperature Cryostat
The Janis ST-500 series probe stations are high performance research instruments designed to provide affordable vacuum and cryogenic probing of wafers and devices. The proven ST-500 cryostat is the platform for these probe stations, and includes low vibration technology (originally designed for high spatial resolution optical microscopy) to provide outstanding sample positional stability. Researchers around the world are using these systems to conduct research in a wide variety of fields, including MEMS, nanoscale electronics, superconductivity, ferroelectrics, material sciences, and optics.
Interested in seeing what other Janis customers have accomplished with their probe stations? Click here to see a list of some of their research papers. Click here for a presentation on Janis probe stations with a selection of applications and reference papers from a few of our probe station customers.
Main features of Model ST-500 Probe Stations:
- Low vibration level and the positional drift
- Temperature range from ~3.5 K to 475 K (optional: 8 K to 650 K) (depending on probes)
- Works either with liquid nitrogen or liquid helium
- Helium consumption less than 1 liter/hour
- Accommodates up to 2” (51 mm) diameter wafers (optional: up to 8” [203 mm])
- Up to seven cooled, easily interchangeable, micro-manipulated probe arms
- Electrical measurements from DC to 67 GHz
- Wide variety of inexpensive LF probe tips that are easy to replace
- Very low triaxial probe arms leakage current of just a few fA
- Non-contact, non-destructive Kelvin probes
- Multi-tip probes
- Fiber probe arms with single and multi mode fiber options
- Optional optical access through the sample mount for transmission measurements
- Additional electrical feedthroughs with cables and wires to sample area
- Optional special miniature vacuum chamber to transfer sample under vacuum from Glove Box to Probe Station
- Very smooth X-Y-Z- travel stages for all monoscope system assemblies
- Optional movable chuck
- System customization options
Probe Station Datasheet
Please click here to download the Probe Station datasheet (750 KB). The downloaded file will be in PDF format which is viewable and printable with Acrobat Reader, a free plug-in utility from Adobe.
To download the free acrobat plug-in software click here.
Flexible Probe Tips
Please click here to read about Janis Research's new technique of cryogenic probe station special flexible probe tips that allows absorbing the probe arm thermal drift movement during variable DUT temperature measurements.
Probe Station Requirement Questionnaire
Please click here to download the probe station requirement questionnaire (59 KB). Since we have many different options for our probe stations, fill the questionnaire out and email it to Janis.