STVP-100-FTIR Cryostat for FTIR Spectroscopy
Optical continuous flow cryostats for FTIR applications. These cryostats are similar to our standard model STVP-100 cryostats, but with the modifications for integrating the cryostat with your spectrometer system.
Similar in operation to the standard SuperTran-VP (STVP-100) cryostats, the STVP-100-FTIR includes a multiple position sample holder and a mounting flange to allow integration with a spectrometer. The sample is cooled by flowing vapor, and is therefore an ideal choice for studying materials that are difficult to cool by conduction.
STVP-100-FTIR Mechanical Drawing
The drawing to the right shows a standard STVP-100 sample positioner with coarse translation and rotation. If more precise translation and/or rotation is required, a linear manipulator may be mounted on the sample positioner for more accurate positioning. The drawing illustrates typical Fourier Transform Infra-Red (FTIR) windows, which may be altered to suit the specific application. The sample tube diameter may also be specified.
Standard STVP-100-FTIR features include:
- Sample in flowing vapor
- Multiple position sample holder
- Adjustable position sample positioner allowing sample rotation and translation
- Silicon diode temperature sensors on sample mount and vaporizer
- Mounting flange to fit spectrometer
- High efficiency cryogen transfer line
- Indium sealed, strain-relieved, cold windows
- Liquid helium cooling
- Manually controlled precision linear and/or rotary manipulators
- Remotely controlled linear manipulator and/or rotary stage
- IR window materials, wedged or plane parallel
- Range of sample tube sizes available
- Liquid nitrogen cooling
- Electrical access to the sample
- A complete system solution including temperature controllers, pumping systems and storage dewars
- Isothermal zone sample tube (provides uniform sample temperature and enhanced operation with LN2)
- Base plate or mounting flange to interface with customer-owned spectrometer
Contact Janis today to find out how the STVP-100-FTIR can best suit your application.
|System Specifications ||STVP-100-FTIR |
|Sample Environment ||Liquid or flowing vapor |
|Temperature Range ||<2 - 300 K |
|Initial Cooldown Time ||15 minutes |
|Temperature Stability (with controller) ||50 mK or less |
|Orientation ||Vertical for <4.5 K |
|System Weight (less transfer line) ||Approx. 15 lbs. |
|Cryogen Consumption (cooldown) ||0.5 liters LHe from 325 K - 4.2 K |
|Cryogen Consumption (operation) ||1.1 L/hr at 5 K w/LHe |
|NOTE: Specifications do not include parasitic or experimental heat loads. |
Pictured to the right is a special model STVP-100-2-FTIR with:
- Manually controlled precision linear manipulator for vertical positioning of samples with 2" travel.
- Drum dial indicator for rotation of sample positioner along the vertical axis.
- Indium sealed cold windows (PPN and ZnSe)
Product Selection Guides
Other news at Janis