ST-100-FTIR Cryostat for Fourier Transform Infra-Red Spectroscopy Applications
The ST-100-FTIR cryostat is similar in operation to the standard SuperTran (ST-100) cryostats. To the basic design we have added a multiple-position sample holder and precision linear manipulator, allowing a reference plus two samples to be loaded at any one time. Samples may also be rotated.
As with all Janis cryostats, modifications may be made to the standard design in order to ensure a match with existing equipment. For example, the footprint of the cryostat may be reduced, or the number of sample positions increased.
Standard ST-100-FTIR features include:
ST-100-FTIR (standard configuration) Mechanical Drawing
- Sample in vacuum
- Multiple position sample holder
- Linear manipulator with 2" travel
- Sample rotation with scale
- Silicon diode temperature sensor
- Mounting flange to fit spectrometer
- High efficiency cryogen transfer line
- 1.63" diameter clear view window ports
- O-ring sealed windows for easy window change
- Liquid helium or liquid nitrogen cooling
- Remotely controlled linear manipulator and/or rotary stage
- IR window materials, wedged or plane parallel
- Compact design for a reduced cryostat footprint
- Electrical access to the sample
- A complete system solution including temperature controllers, pumping systems and storage dewars
- High temperature operation
Click here to contact Janis today!
|System Specifications ||ST-100-FTIR |
|Sample Environment ||Vacuum |
|Temperature Range ||~2.5 - 325 K (higher temperatures optional) |
|Initial Cooldown Time ||15 minutes to 10 K |
|Temperature Stability (with controller) ||50 mK or less |
|Orientation ||Any position |
|System Weight (less transfer line) ||Approx. 10 lbs. |
|Cryogen Consumption (cooldown) ||0.4 liters LHe from 325 - 4.2 K |
|Cryogen Consumption (operation) ||0.58 L/hr at 5 K w/LHe |
|Note: Specifications do not include parasitic or experimental heat loads. |
Specifications may change depending on the length of the transfer line flexible section.
Contact Janis today to find out how the ST-100-FTIR can be modified to suit your application.
Model ST-100-FTIR SPECIAL with automated linear and rotary motion
Pictured to the near right is a model ST-100-FTIR configured for use in conjunction with a Thermo Nicolet Nexus 8700 FTIR Spectrometer. The system uses a standard Nexus 8700 mounting plate, modified to match the cryostat vacuum shroud. Use of the standard Nexus mounting plate allows for easy integration of the cryostat and spectrometer. A specially configured two-piece, three position sample holder is supplied with the system (shown to the far right).
ST-100-FTIR with custom flange
Pictured to the right is a model ST-100-FTIR with a linear manipulator and a welded mounting flange. The flange was built to the customer's specifications.
ST-100-FTIR with Bruker Mounting Flange
ST-100-FTIR for use in Bruker Vertex 80V Spectrometer
The ST-100-FTIR shown is for use in a Bruker Vertex 80V spectrometer. The mounting flange for the spectrometer has two parts (one part not shown). The system has a motorized linear positioner installed along with a special 2-position DLTS sample holder.
Product Selection Guides
Other news at Janis