HE-3-TLSUHV-STM Cryostat for Scanning Microscope Probe - Top Sample Loading in UHV Environment
The model HE-3-TLSUHV-STM cryostat is a top loading, vibration isolation He-3 cryostat designed for Scanning Tunneling Microscopy (STM) applications with sample in an ultra high vacuum (UHV) environment.
Janis Research’s ultra-low temperature (ULT) group has developed a top-loading Helium-3 cryostat with sample in UHV space for STM with atomic resolutions, and it has the following key features:
- The system reached base temperatures of below 300 mK with 80 hour holding time (longer holding time can be reached with additions He-3 gas) while pumping on the 1 K pot;
- Special noise reduce is installed inside the 1 K pot to suppress the acoustic noise;
- With Janis superior design, the user can even stop pumping the 1 K pot to completely eliminate the noise from the 1 K pot and operate the He-3 cryostat below 320 mK with 40 hour holding time (longer holding time can be reached with additions He-3 gas);
- The He-3 insert has a central line-of-sight with diameter up to 1.25” for sample loading, with a UHV compatible gate valve located at the top for user’s sample change;
- Specially designed rigid support on the He-3 pot to minimize the vibrations;
- Mechanical heat switch for fast pre-cooling of He-3 pot;
- 4.2 K radiation shutter and 1.5 K radiation shutter;
- The He-3 insert is designed to be compatible to all kinds of superconducting magnet, such as solenoid, vector magnets. etc.;
- Other features such as sliding seal, low and/or high frequency wiring/coaxial cables for the user, fiber optics, etc., are available;
| || |
|He-3 pot with central access ||Atomically resolved topographic image of NbSe2 obtained at constant current mode. The tunneling current was set to 150 pA, the bias voltage to 20 mV and the scan speed was 13nm/s. |
(The data were taken from an identical but non-UHV Janis He-3 cryostat)
|He-3 pot base temperature as indicated in channel-C |
Click here to contact Janis today!
Base temperature: 320 mK
Holding time at base temperature: 40 hours
Sample space: 2.0"
Product Selection Guides
Other news at Janis